In the bidding phase, Hoffman Architects and the client select a contractor to build the design. The tasks in this phase include:
- Identification of qualified contractors and their availability
- Bidding package preparation and distribution
- Bid analysis by trades (demolition and removal of debris, general construction, site work and masonry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing)
- Bid meetings (clarification of discrepancies and negotiation with bidders)
- Contractor selection and contract preparation
- Contractor obtains Building Permit sometimes requiring the Architect’s assistance
Happy clients choose from three finalists whose competitive bids were close to Hoffman Architects’ estimate. The next meeting will be a window meeting.